Fairs and Exhibitions
Feria de Abril
The Catalonia April Fair is a popular, traditional Andalucian festival which takes place every year in Barcelona and lasts for 10 days at the Parc del Forùm. The Catalonia April Fair in Barcelona is a colourful and joyful event: experience folk culture and discover Seville in Barcelona!
- Catalonia April Fair in Barcelona Apr 27 - May 06 Experience southern Spain culture with Sevillanas dances, enjoy a drink in a "caseta" and ride the ferris whee...
Sant Jordi - Catalonia's Valentine's Day
On the 23 April, Barcelona celebrates the most romantic day of the year for the Catalans - Sant Jordi. You will find stands with roses and books all the way along Las Ramblas. In fact, the tradition is that the men give the women a rose and they in return give the men a book.
- Sant Jordi - Catalonia's Valentine's Day Apr 23 Enjoy Barcelona like never before as they celebrate St. George's Day!
Alimentaria Food Fair
The Alimentaria Food Fair is the most important fair in the food, drink and gastronomy sector in Spain and the Mediterranean Arc. They will be six areas which specialise in key markets and new consumer trends. The exhibition also focuses on Halal products and organic wines.
- Alimentaria Food Fair in Barcelona Apr 16 - Apr 19 Wet your palate by tasting hundreds of samples and discover new foods at the Barcelona Alimentaria Food Fair
Bridal Week in Barcelona
One out of every 10 wedding dresses sold around the world is from a Spanish designer. Therefore, it is not surprising that Barcelona celebrates the wedding week. A fair with more than 250 businesses, which welcomes more than 16,000 professionals. Media and visitors from all over the world come to the Catalan capital to return to their country with all the news about the latest trends in wedding dresses. If you like this world, or you're getting married soon, you can't miss this great show.
- Barcelona Bridal Week Apr 23 - Apr 29 The most important event in the bridal industry will take place in April in Barcelona
B-Travel, the Tourism Fair
The International Tourism Fair takes place in April in Barcelona and celebrates its 25th edition, becoming B-Travel. It is the only event on the peninsular that offers its visitors personalised experiences for the traveller. If you like to travel, this is the event for you.
- B-Travel Tourism Fair Apr 20 - Apr 22 Do not miss the re-branded Barcelona tourism fair.
The Comic Convention is one of the most important events in the country for comic lovers because here, you will find all the news and developments related to this world. This year's event revolves around the theme of aviation with the aeroplanes as the protagonist. You will be able to see various models and devices of different styles and times. Ready to take flight?
- 36th Barcelona Comic Convention Apr 12 - Apr 15 The place to be for comic lovers has begun the countdown to opening 12 April at Fira Montjuïc in Barcelona.
Guitar Festival BCN
Once again, the best musicians and bands meet in Barcelona to offer us fantastic music with one indisputable protagonist: the guitar. From rock bands to indie music, even flamenco. Styles for all tastes... it's impossible not to find a concert that you want to go to. This month, Karen Souza, G3 ft. Joe Satriani + John Petrucci (Dream Theater) & Uli Jon Roth, El Kanka, Noa, Ana Tijoux, Obeses and Asaf Avidan will perform.
- Barcelona Guitar Festival 2018 Jan 27 - Jun 29 From pop and rock to folk, it doesn't matter as long as there is a guitar. This is the 29th Guitar Festival Ba...
Suite Festival in Barcelona
The music continues with the Suite Festival Barcelona, the new member of the family of festivals in Barcelona. Take a look at the next concerts and book your tickets. Big musicians will play at the Liceu Theatre. So don't miss the opportunity to see them in such an amazing place. On 5 April, Norah Jones will perform, on 7 April Luz Casal, on 27 April Pablo López and 30 April Antonio José will perform.
- Suite Festival Barcelona 2018 Jan 16 - Jun 29 Great musicians performing live at the fantastic Gran Teatre de Liceu
The Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell
This year, the Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell will take place from 21 until 29 April. It will be the 66th edition of the Trofeo Conde Gondé. The first edition took place in 1953 making it the oldest tennis tournament in Spain, one of the most important clay court tournaments.
- Barcelona Open Banc Sabadell Apr 21 - Apr 29 The Barcelona Open will take place this year from 21 to 29 April 2018 at Barcelona's Royal Tennis Club!
Other Spring Activities
Discover all the activities you can do in Barcelona during Spring! Don't miss the opportunity to discover new ways of enjoying the city by reading this article:
- 5 Spring and Summer Activities in Barcelona 5 Ideas to enjoy the good weather in Barcelona during spring and summer
The Climate in April
Spring is coming to Barcelona! April is the month that brings the good weather and higher temperatures in the Catalan capital. The trees and flowers bloom and the city wakes up. The average temperature is generally 14ºC and never goes below 8ºC. In fact, you will see the whole city full of colours and always under the sun.
Here is the climatological data for the month of April in Barcelona:
- Average temperature: 14ºC
- Maximum temperature: 17.8ºC
- Minimum temperature: 8.4ºC
- Sunrise: between 6:50am and 7:35am
- Sunset: between 8:16pm and 8:48pm
If you would like more up to date information, here is a good page with meteorological information.
Together with March and May, April is one of the best months to enjoy your stay in Barcelona. Spring transforms the city: the festivals, music events and runs start. Here is our opinion on the advantages and disadvantages of travelling to Barcelona this month!
Arrival of Spring: In Barcelona, the climate is always fantastic for doing everything, but we know that walking in the parks, sunbathing or taking an excursion to Park de Collserola is different in Spring. Enjoy this month and discover the best part of the city. If you want a guide for the best parks in Barcelona, you can read this interesting article.
- Barcelona and its green spaces Breathe fresh air in the most amazing parks of the city ...
Less tourists: In the month of April, Barcelona has tourists in the streets, but they are still not full of people. The months of summer are more chaotic, so Spring seems like the best month to travel to this destination stress free.
This year, Easter will be in March (until 1 April), so the month of April is cheaper than ever! Make the most of it!
The Catalan version of Valentine’s Day: St. George’s Day. This festival is already famous so many people come to visit Barcelona on this particular, beautiful day. You can’t miss this festival where the locals will also participate… and don’t forget to buy a rose or a book!
The only inconvenience of travelling in April is that it will be too cold to swim in the sea. It’s the only month with high temperatures where it’s almost impossible to enjoy this part of the city. Even so, you can go to Barceloneta or to your preferred beach to sunbathe or time spend time with your friends.